ZONE INTER CLUB TENNIS TOURNAMENT
and B DIVISIONS
Date: Tuesday 24th April, 2007
To: Secretaries of all affiliated tennis clubs in the south
From: Everard Chang, Tournament Coordinator
Cc: Petrotrin Guaracara Sports Club, Petrotrin PaP Staff Club, Petrotrin
Penal, Fyzabad Sports, Promenade Tennis Club, Sevilla Tennis Club, Point Fortin
Civic Centre, San Fernando Skinner Park Tennis Club, Woodford Lodge Tennis Club.
tennis will be played among the nine clubs affiliated to the south zone, on a
round robin basis, commencing on Saturday 12th May, 2007. Winners and runners-up will receive valuable
cash prizes and trophies.
The winner and runner-up in the
A Division will represent the south zone in a proposed national play off.
- Clubs may enter up to two teams in
- A class players will not be
allowed to play in the B Division, if the club registers more than two
A class players for the Tournament. This will be determined by the Zone
- Players can only play for one team,
except as a reserve on their clubs A team, and must be registered before
commencement of the Tournament on 12th May, 2007.
- On the day of the tie, an A team
can select up to two reserves from their B team(s) to play up to two
ties each in the A Division.
- The A Division will play two singles matches and one
doubles match per tie. No.1 singles players oppose each other. No.2, etc.
Matches will be best of three 6 all tie-breaker sets. A minimum of four
players are required.
- The B Division will play one singles and two reverse
doubles per tie. Matches will be pro-sets with a tie-breaker at 7 all. A
minimum of five players are required.
- All clubs should declare, in writing, the names of their
players, including reserves, before play commences.
- Ties are to be played on Saturdays from 3pm. If play cannot
be completed on the scheduled Saturday, the tie should be completed before
the next one.
- The host club to provide balls and light refreshments.
- The winning team to submit scores not later than three 3
days after the tie, to the coordinator, Everard Chang or Harry Mahase.
close on Saturday 5th May, 2007.
fee is $100.00 per team.
players must also pay their $25 annual TATT registration fee for 2007.